RE: BIG Parking Brake Promlem. HELP!

You'll need a new handle. It's a piece of cake to install. You just need a
pair of pliers and a pair of wrenches to loosen the cables. Don't forget to
adjust the slack on the cables when you're done so that it doesn't drag when
released, but holds the car when you pull it up 3-6 clicks or so.

Ask Jan Folkson. He's the official scirocco.org e-brake guru! :-)

Neal
'88 16v