Re: Why do I keep wrecking speakers?

I assume you have purchased the coaxial type speakers. Did you install the
grilles? If not or maybe you use your hatch alot. If you get ANY dirt or
such things in the cone of the main speaker it will fall into the crevice of
the voice coil and cause what would "sound" like a blown speaker. Try taking
compressed air and blow out all the crap and see if they sound any better.
HTH

> I am wrecking speakers.
>
> The previous owner cut holes in the rear package tray to fit 6X9 speakers.
The ones that I got with the car rattled a bit playing low frequency tones.
So, I go and get Wal-Mart's finest 6X9 Pioneer 3-way speakers.  They sound
great, but about 6 months later I manage to blow them out.  (darn Beastie
Boys CD)

> OK, I says, I'll order some better ones.  I find some Blaupunkt speakers
that are ratted for 80 watts.  Since my receiver is ratted at 35 per
channel, I figured I'll have a decent cushion of power capacity.  Guess I
was wrong.