[non roc]Volvo beats honda

Hey guys,

Sorry it wasn't my Scirocco that wasted a honduh, but since a honduh was
damaged I figured I'd tell the story.

Yesterday afternoon, Gina my fiancee (she'll be my wife in 2.5 weeks!) and
her cuz + cuz's kid are heading back home from the dress shop.  They're
having a grand time playing hookey from work and talking about how much Gina
loves her Volvo.  The car is a 1980 245 (wagon), btw.  Right after Gina says
what a great car she's got, they come to a red light and stop (of course,
that's what normal people do.)  She looks in her rear view and sees a rice
burner coming up real quick.  She says out loud, "Shit, this car is gonna
hit us!"  She estimates his speed at 30-35.  At the last second rice boy
locks up his tires and rear ends the Volvo pretty hard.  Gina and her cuz
motion to rice boy to pull into the gas station they are in front of.  Mr.
rice acknowledges the gesture and Gina heads for the station.  As she gets
off the road and into the gas station, the light turns green and rice boy
decides he better split cuz he's fu__ed.  So he guns it and takes off.  Gina
says the rice car was really wasted.  The lights were gone, hood crumpled,
bumper bent and fenders wrinkled.  The Volvo had some small scratches in the
bumper rubber and a little bit of black plastic stuck on the bottom of the
bumper.  She got some witness info, but no one got the plates.  The witness
said it looked like a 95 civic 3 door burgundy color.

It's hard to believe that the Volvo took a hit like that with no damage.  No
one was hurt either, so I'm counting my blessings. Good thing we got rid of
Gina's 85 accordion (POS) or things might have been different!

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition

http://profiles.msn.com.