Re: Ditrib leaking Oil internally??

From: "Derek Tarvin" <scirocco_16v_1987@yahoo.com>

The last time my mechanic was tuning up my 16v Scirocco, I mentioned that
the Distributor was leaking oil internally.   How does this happen? Why does
this happen?   Is it Bad?  Really bad?  horrendous?

and how do I get a convertable scirocco like on dirks page?

Thanks in adavence to all!

Derek Tarvin

The seal in the distributor goes out and eventually the oil will kill your
hall sensor and the car won't run.  This is a bad problem and the only thing
you can do is start saving for a new distributor $175-250.  Through VW
Canada, you can order the seals and rebuilt your distributor.  However this
is a PITA and it will last only a few months.  Right Chris DeLong?

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition

http://profiles.msn.com.