RE: might switch to Mazda 323 GTX

Marc Getty wrote:

> Please say it ain't so! If you are interested, my friend is selling his
> Scirocco, and he is in South NJ. I think he would be asking about the same as
> you are willing to pay for the 323, and this for a genuine Scirocco! BTW, it's
> an '88 16V.

Eh... like no way and stuff, Beavis?.. :^) Marc, have no fear; I'm a true Roccer
all the way. In fact, I'm just about done with my superduper project car right
now. However, there's no friggin' way that I'm going to subject it to the harsh
winter conditions. With all that salt everywhere? Funk dat; my baby don't deserve
it...

So, it becomes a matter of picking a suitable Winter car. The GTX has AWD, a
turbocharged motor that will do over 180hp for $1000, acceptable looks, AC, PS,
PDL, and an exclusive pedigree (admitted translation: parts are a bitch to find),
and a tremendous rally heritage. There are plenty of cool cars out there but this
one seems to have it all for me. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna bag this one!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!