Caroscope for the old man . . .

Here's mine - note the suggested vehicles <gag>

Comments inserted by me =>
=========================
Comparing You to Other Volkswagen Scirocco Owners
Boy oh boy, Mark, you picked a vehicle which is just
about perfect for you. Congratulations! For example,
when compared to other people who own a Volkswagen
Scirocco, you're just about the same in terms of how
much you really care about your car, your educational
level, and status consciousness.

But there are some psychographic and/or demographic
measures on which you differ from other Volkswagen
Scirocco owners. For example, you're a bit too old to
be driving this vehicle, and you make way too much
money to be driving a Volkswagen Scirocco.

Car-O-Scope Makes Suggestions for More Compatible
Vehicles
Despite the fact that your personality profile pretty
much matches that of Volkswagen Scirocco owners,
Car-O-Scope would like to suggest some alternative
vehicles--should you be thinking of making a change.

Note: some of these suggestions might surprise you.
But try to keep an open mind. It's quite possible that
the car-o-scope has discovered some hidden and/or
repressed aspects of your personality.

 1. Peugeot 505
2. Ford Club Wagon
3. Volvo 244
4. Mercury Mystique
5. GMC Jimmy

=> a GMC Jimmy? Any Ford/Mercury? A Volvo?

So, let's look at your compatibility profile vis-a-vis
the Peugeot 505. If you dumped that Volkswagen
Scirocco and got yourself a Peugeot 505, you'd be a
lot happier.

For example, you'd be almost perfectly compatible in
terms of your age, how much you really care about your
car, your educational level, your tolerance for taking
risks, status consciousness, and your grasp of
reality.

In addition, you'd have pretty good compatibility in
terms of the extent to which you're a cheapskate.

=> I don't see how owning a Peugeot would fit in with
being a cheapskate - I imagine parts for Peugeots
(which left the US market years ago) can't be cheap.

Here's a little info on these personality
characteristics. Read 'em and weep.

Auto involvement: how much you really care about your
car

As you certainly know, some people don't care what
they drive; a car is just a way to get from here to
there and back. (Unless you're driving a sled, like
Tommy. Every time he gets home, he throws his hands in
the air and yells, "I made it!" But I digress.)

For other people, a car is everything. You know the
type; if you refer to their "significant other," they
say, "You mean my BMW?"

Your score for auto involvement is just about the same
as other Peugeot 505 drivers'.

Risk-taking: your tolerance for taking chances

Some people are complete wackos when it comes to
taking risks. I have a friend (who shall remain
nameless), and when Tony goes on vacation, he
immediately starts looking for the bungee-jumping
sites. A nut case of the first order.

On the other hand, some of us are complete wusses. (Is
this how you spell woosses? I'm not sure, but I'm
afraid to look it up. Oh, my God, I might be wrong.
Oh, my God!) You're compatible on this score.

Status consciousness:

I know a few people who will go to any lengths to
impress others. ("Oh, yes, I went to Haahvaad.) I love
them, don't you? Neither do I. The kind of people I
like to have coffee with are "jamokes." Are you
familiar with this term? No? Well, I guess you didn't
go to Haahvaad, now, did you?

Reality check:

You have a pretty good sense of what's real and what
ain't. You aren't one of those "head in the clouds"
types--like some people I know. On the other hand,
there are worse places your head could be--I guess.
Good luck. And thanks for consulting the Oracle of
Car-O-Scope.

And don't drive like my brother.

=====
Mark Peele
Owner of 20th Century VWs
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)