Re: things to replace with engine out?

--- smiley pie <scirocco82@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I am finally getting around to putting a JH engine
> in my '82. I am looking
> for a list of things to replace while the engine is
> out making everything
> easier to get to. Mounts come to mind, new clutch
> and all that crap for
> sure. What else? BTW because of my time limitations
> I decided to buy a used
> JH from the VW recycler with about 140,000 miles on
> for $250. What do you
> think? I haven't yet made the purchase so let me
> know if I am headed in the
> wrong direction.
> thanks again
> dave
> PS-Due to complications in life I have been off line
> for several months, I
> apologize if I flaked out with any dealings with
> people on the list :)

I would replace the following as well:

=all mounts
=Radiator
=all coolant hoses
=replace the "toilet bowl" single outlet ex. manifold
with a dual outlet ex. manifold.
=replace the exhaust

for starters :)

=====
Mark Peele
Owner of 20th Century VWs
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)