RE: Rust Never Sleeps

>photos are amazing. I only have a few spots to repair
>(driver's door, roof, and fuel tank inlet area),

If you're repairing rust that's in front of the doorhandle, at the narrow
end, it'll be coming through from inside. This is a common problem with
sciroccos because of a reinforcing plate welded on the inside of the
doorskin. I suspect you'll find that if you clean-up the rust on the outside
& repaint it, it will be bubbling under the paint again within a few months.
One of my doors is like that. I don't know if it would be worth trying to
clean-up the inside of the door first.  I'm going to replace my door
(eventually!)

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0