RE: Rust Never Sleeps

--- Aaron Ness <aaron@makuta.com> wrote:
> I used that on the floor of my Bug a few years ago.
> I brushed it on, and it
> dried to a very nice finish, with an appearance kind
> of similar to
> porcelain, no brush marks or anything.  I don't
> recall the original post, so
> I don't know what kind of repair you're looking to
> make.  POR-15 seems kind
> of thick, IMO, so I don't know how well it would
> work for visible body
> repair.  Also, it's supposedly extremely durable.
> In fact, they claim that
> it won't chip even if you hit it with a hammer.
>
> If you want more info, nose around on the VintagVW
> list for a little bit and
> ask questions.  When I was there, I knew of quite a
> few faithful POR-15
> users.
>
> They have a website (maybe http://www.por-15.com or
> something like that),
> and I assume you can order it through there.  It's
> about $30 a quart, and
> the entire floor of my Bug used about 1/4 of the
> can, IIRC.
>
> Aaron
> '82 Scirocco
> '84 Scirocco
> '70 Bug - Hibernating
> '87 Jeep Cherokee 4.0

Eric, thanks for the info. Your address was good and I
checked the POR 15 website. The before and after
photos are amazing. I only have a few spots to repair
(driver's door, roof, and fuel tank inlet area),
otherwise the car is very clean for a car that has
spent its life in Minnesota. The car keeps receiveing
complements. People like the way it looks. Sciroccos
are rare up here (around the Minneapolis/St. Paul
metro area). I am more likely to see an old Bug
strolling down the highway than a Scirocco. I've seen
only one Scirocco this entire summer and more than a
handful of Bugs. Thanks for the info, and I will try
this stuff.

Jorel Jackson