Re: Non Roc - Airbags

> BTW, you do know that disabling the airbags is illegal :)

>From what I understand, the owner of the vehicle can legally disable the
airbags him/herself.  If the owner *pays* someone else to do it for them, it
is illegal.  However, one can request authorization from the NHTSA to have a
dealership legally disable their airbags, if the vehicle is not equipped
with an airbag on/off switch.

Check out http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/airbags/rule/section09.html#s09_2 for
info on how to request authorization.  The website
(http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/airbags/) also has info on requesting airbag
on/off switches.

Mike Carlson
'75 Scirocco "Helga" - R.I.P.
'85 Scirocco "Konrad" - Gone but not forgotten
'95 GTI VR6 "Wolfgang" - http://members.home.net/m-carlson/Wolfgang.htm