Re: Non Roc - Airbags

>Could one of you aspiring Rocket Scientists explain to me exactly why you
>would want to disable a drivers side airbag?

Well, this is my own opinion. I dont like the damn things.  A few years
back, a parts driver at one of the Chrysler dealers here had an airbag blow
upin her face and the chemicals burned her face so badly that she was
unrecognizable.  I had the damn thing deploy on me after tapping a garbage
dumpster. (I was going a total of 5 kph when I bumped the dumpster and
BOOM!!!!)  Not to mention they also cost about $2K to replace after an
accident so a lot of shops tend to Mickey Mouse them after an accident.
Also, there's a lawsuit against Honda Canada right now due to airbags... a
lady was driving an Acura 1.6 EL (a fancy Civic) when she tapped the rear of
another car, both airbags deployed and killed her.  Hmm, that's reassuring.

If one wants airbags, fine, but I don't think they should be mandatory. They
should be an option.  I flat-out REFUSE to buy a car with them.

Just my $0.02.

Marie