RE: clutch replacement

IIRC, once I raised the car, I removed the CV bolts and then turned the
steering wheel.  Somehow this gave me enough clearance to get it out.  I
think I had to swing it up and forward or something like that.  I don't
recall whether I had to jack up the suspension or not.

I've done it twice this summer (sorry my mind is blank on the details), and
last summer, before I knew I could do this, I pulled a tranny twice without
even removing the drive shaft.  I don't recommend this, incidentally.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'84 Scirocco
'70 Bug - Hibernating