Re: clutch replacement

In a message dated 9/6/2000 12:50:49 GMT Daylight Time, aaron@makuta.com
writes:

> Before you raise the car,
>  remove the axle nut (30mm socket).  Then unbolt the inner CV and wiggle it
>  up and off of the drive flange.  Tap the drive shaft towards the center of
>  the car and it will slide right out.

I have heard of this method before, and have tried it every time I ever have
had to remove a 1/2 shaft... Never got close to success.  Although, one time
I did have to leave the left axle on the tranny, because some knuckle head
thought it would be a good idea to remove the stripped 12pt bolts (after he
tried an allen on all 6!) with a chisel.  This guy, who I will not mention
(he is a family member), had obviously never heard of a 12pt driver!  He
since, thank god, bought one, but he paid $30 for it!