Re: What are you guys hoping to get out of these cars??????

Mike Weiler wrote:

> Sounds like something you don't know how to make run to me........
> Can U please define "real mods"

Mike, it is fairly obvious that Mr. Snow is in the midst of a substantial turbo
tweaking project, one that he's taking to the next level. He's apparently gone
way beyond the "entry-level" if there is such a thing for a turbo project. I
don't know about you but I'm always impressed when someone goes to these lengths
to hotrod an early VW -especially when simple bolt-on solutions are not
available.

Any modification is a "real modification" from a literal point of view. Do you
suppose that this guy is looking for a sematic discussion? Come on... Nothing is
going to make a Scirocco as fast as that bike of yours, but who's impressed by
such a shallow comparison?

> Only people who have fast siroccos are people who have never gone fast. Only
> people who have
> great handling siroccos don't know how to handle something fast.

That view is as minimal as your writing skills. Btw, we're talking about
Sciroccos here, not "siroccos".

> I know this may start a flame up

This ain't a flame -just a casual observation.

> What is your mod achieving car going to do that has not
> been done 5000 times by someone else and found to be the same (not enough).

There are only few guys out there with home-brewed turbo A1 Veedubs. Most folks
are starting with way more modern equipment. I'm just as impressed when an
1298cc Mini Cooper outruns a muscle car on a road course. Its all about making
the most of what you start with. Anyone can just buy a fast ride...

> Hell I have a bike that will do 0-60 in under 2 seconds and will reach 100
> in under 6 and this is not enough for me.

But how large is your penis? Okay, that comment was certainly flame material but
I'm just making a point. Don't you see the point of *not* taking the obvious
route to top performance? Isn't engineering more impressive than the
heavy-handed approach?

That's my .02...
--
Scott F. Williams