RE: Scirocco: piece of s%#! or masterpiece?

Mark:

>The 3rd generation
> RX-7 was one of the most capable cars ever.  And the automotive
> press had been clamoring for such a design for years.  But when
> it came out, they said, "Oh, it's not _comfortable_ enough.  Buy
> a 300ZX."  Wankers!  So Mazda discontinued the model.

	Actually the 3rd gen Rx-7 is a class action suit that is taking shape
right now. The car is one I'd love to love...neet shape, light, quick. Way under
engineered. Go out and look at the various Rx-7 sites, it's a very sad story.
One fellow still has his site up but unloaded the car after Mazda put 45,000.00
dollars back into it in the way of warranty repairs. Engines, turbos, paint,
turbos, engines. The body flexes so much that some of the cars are having
problems with the door latches no longer having enough adjustment. That poor car
was rushed to market way under tested, and now Mazda's paying the price.

Rick Glesner
Littleton, Colorado
'91 90q20v
'87 924S