RE: '87 16v wheel question

On the 16V teardrop rims the center cap is held on with the torx you see.
There should be a tool in your factory tool in the spare tire. Its just an L
shaped torx wrench, I dont know what size. If not the tool is three dollars
from VW. Be carefull not to strip the heads of the cover bolts as I have
found them to be on the soft side. HTH

Thank you for your time.
Shannon Fenton
Telecom Resource Management