Re: Help! Need use of Impact Wrench!

Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:

> >Due to procrastination (chronic condition) and a house remodeling
> >(nearing completion) I am 4 days away from not driving in this year's
> >Rocs in the Fog. "Hate to be a seat cover" kinda guy that I am, I am
> >turning to the list to see if anyone within driving distance of the SF
> >Bay Area has something to remove the clutch's bolts from the engine.
> >
> >I's been raining but we are in for a break so I have a window!
> >

> >TBerk
>
> Assuming you're speaking of the pressure plate to crank bolts here...,
> as the flywheel to pressure plate bolts are only on by 14 ft/lbs or so.
>
> Back before I had air tools (my dark age of garage mechanics), I used
> a coat hanger.  I put the coat hanger through a pressure plate flywheel
> bolt hole (or two) and the other end of the hanger through one of the 19mm
> transaxle to engine bolt holes.  Twist it around so the PP can't spin
> while undoing the crank / pressure plate bolts.
>
> Worked several times for me.
>
> ==Brett

Darn Brett,

I thought you were going to fly out here to the West Coast with one.
<sigh>  I have one available for Tuesday eve, I will try the brace and
crank method tonight (the trans is already out).

Last time I did this was in the prehistoric, pre list days and it was an
old 4 speed that broke my craftsman tools.

Thx for those who offered suggestions as well as hardware. (I luv you
meeeeeeeen.. <ahem>, well you know).

TBerk
feeling better already.