Re: Help! Need use of Impact Wrench!

>Due to procrastination (chronic condition) and a house remodeling
>(nearing completion) I am 4 days away from not driving in this year's
>Rocs in the Fog. "Hate to be a seat cover" kinda guy that I am, I am
>turning to the list to see if anyone within driving distance of the SF
>Bay Area has something to remove the clutch's bolts from the engine.
>
>I's been raining but we are in for a break so I have a window!
>

>TBerk

Assuming you're speaking of the pressure plate to crank bolts here...,
as the flywheel to pressure plate bolts are only on by 14 ft/lbs or so.

Back before I had air tools (my dark age of garage mechanics), I used
a coat hanger.  I put the coat hanger through a pressure plate flywheel
bolt hole (or two) and the other end of the hanger through one of the 19mm
transaxle to engine bolt holes.  Twist it around so the PP can't spin
while undoing the crank / pressure plate bolts.

Worked several times for me.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net