FS: '86 Scirocco 16V in St. Louis area

in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch this am, first run of this ad as far as I
know.  Obviously dont contact me, I'm just posting it here for info, and
someone just asked about a 'roc in this area:

** '86 Scirocco 16V, runs good, needs paint, TLC, red, $1,100.
636-397-0446. **

Hope one of you can get this - my coffers are dry :-(

okay i just called the guy, here's the deal:

He's the second 'real' owner - first owners took it into a shop for a "head
job" (i assume that means gasket) and didnt want to pay for the repairs, so
the shop kept it.  this guy bought it from the shop a year ago, doesnt have
the money to project it, he has 3 other cars.

130,xxx miles, manual sunroof, manual windows, power mirrors, ac (works he
says but low on freon), black/white interior.  normal wear on seats,  he
installed a fm/cassette 6 cd changer which will stay with the car!

pretty much stock engine/suspension.  car has ground effects (at least
fender flares he said).  paint job as follows: some mismatched touch up on
the front fender.  passenger side door was replaced and badly matched paint.

he says it drives fine as is, no major probs that he knows of.  its been in
his garage, he doesnt drive it daily.  man i wish i had some money.

good luck to the rest of you.

Greg

--
'84 Scirocco