Re: [16v] injectors/lines

Wait wait wait...some questions below:

> Basically I just had my whole engine rebuilt, new
> fuel
> distributor, new ignition distributor, new plug
> wires,
> plugs, battery, new fuel pump and fuel tank, hell I
> think
> only my coil is left to replace!

Do you mean a mechanical (bottom end and head) rebuild
PLUS the above?  Or just the above?

> And it idles like shit. If i pull
> plug wires 1-3 the car practically dies but when I
> pull
> plug $4 it still chugs away as rough as normal. I
> looked
> at the plug itself and the prong was very
> clean/white while
> the base of the threads had carbon which I assume
> had been on
> there for a while. I think im not getting fuel to
> that cylinder.

You're on the right track, but jumping to conclusions.
Engine off, yank the injector, jumper the fuel pump
relay, and unclip the airbox.  Reach under and push up
the airflow meter plate from the bottom.  Injector
should spray.  Check against other injectors for
uniform quantity per some period of time (this is in
Bentley, if you haven't got one yet, shame on you).

If no spray, prob. clogged injector.  You can remove
the injector and check for fuel flow through the line,
but this is gasoline we're talking about so be damned
careful.

If spray, and you *know* you have good spark, you may
have an internal engine problem.

> so..can our mechanical injectors be cleaned?

Yes, with spotty success.

Dumb thing to check first: the Firing order!!
Seriously.  Don't ask how I know.

Good Luck

Ron