Re: Do you, uh, Auto-X?

My point *was* that they were crappy drivers overwhelmed by good vehicles.
I have no beef with them; it's just funny to see at times.  It's amazing to
watch people going fullbore at the outset and get bitten by their car.  The
strangest thing is to see them *not* make adjustments.  As if they are
thinking the car alone should make them proficient.  I guess that is what
caught my attention.  It is a humbling thing at times.

Well, I first autocrossed when I was 18.  Had been a course worker since
about 10 years of age as both my parents ran autox, my father being a prez &
sec at times of the club (based in MD and ran at NSA at Fort Meade, MD).  So
I ain't new to it.  Haven't had much driving time, but the stuff I saw raced
was classier in a certain sense than a majority of what is raced nowadays.
That is truly just my opinion, but there was more European stuff running
(especially Brit) in the early 70's.  Maybe a better word would be
personality.  Again, my opinion.  I really dug those cars.  Saw an awesome
Sprite today (which is what my father would run).

It was fun to be out there and I wouldn't mind giving it a go.  From what I
saw in the rulebook, 8v Sciroccos are FSP but I don't really know what I
would be capable of modding or not.  That is my area of concern at this
point.

-PK