Do you, uh, Auto-X?

How many of you are auto-x'ers (that is one ridiculous-looking word, isn't
it)?

I'd like to know what class you run in and what you have done with your
cars.

Went to my first auto-x since I was a teenager and only saw a GTi (A2).
Booooooooo.......  But there was a ton of uninspiring crap there.  With
equally crappy drivers.  Such as the 2000 Boxster that couldn't stay on
course and ran about 10 sec behind the rest of the pack.  And the Toyota MR2
Spider that couldn't keep it's ass straight.  Drivers completely overwhelmed
by their vehicles.  Then a CRX that ran on 3 cylinders.  Thought that might
be a decent racer until he started his motor.

Anyhow, I bought the SCCA Solo II rulebook and will be thumbing through it.
Best I can tell I'd probably run in FSP with my 85 or 87 rocco (8v).
Wondering what I can actually do to it.  I don't want to sink a lot of money
into this as I'd probably only go to a handful of events a year.

-PK