Re: factory alarms

At 3:42 PM -0400 10/22/00, Foxx (in a box) wrote:

>   i just recently installed the full central locking system into my car
>and was told that i could get an alarm now that would also actuate the
>locks. was the cls a requirement for an alarm, if there were alarms from
>the factory? the only reason i'm asking is b/c i'm considering putting a
>nice stereo system in my '86 and don't want to see it disappear. thanx.

I think this makes it now possible for you to lock the car when you
arm the alarm, and just by putting an actuator on the driver's door.
Stock, if you lock just the driver's door, the rest of the car locks.

Of course, you could put an alarm in without central locks.  I did it
in the convertible, but I added electric solenoids that lock the
doors when the thing arms.  I just had to put one in each door.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |