RE: f' n master cynlinder depression

Are you sure you don't have a leak somewhere right after the M/C?  When I
got my '84 and was in the process of getting it on the road, the clutch
cable had sawed halfway through one of the brake lines within a couple
inches of the M/C.  (The clutch cable was exposed and the guy had still been
driving the car - you'd have to see his fix to believe it.)  The resulting
leak appeared to be where you describe, but when I replaced the brake line,
the leak was gone.

Are you sure all the brake lines were properly threaded into the new M/C and
tightened?  Sounds like that would be an easy thing to check first.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'84 Scirocco
'70 Bug - Hibernating