Re: just curious...

--- Brian C Barrows <ferret100@juno.com> wrote:
> Well, after posting pictures of some of my cars on
> the Beaterz.com
> website, I briefely got into a discussion about the
> interchangability of
> engines.  Namely, one person mentioned that my 1.7
> was the same as the
> engine in his Plymouth Horizon

Yes, when Chrysler introduced the Omni/Horizon, that
had no small motor "know how", so they bought 1.7
shortblocks from VW, along with some other components.
It is stamped VW/Audi too ;-)

Don't know about the 2.2, but it's probably not a
reliable motor . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)