Re: just curious...

Brian C Barrows wrote:

> Well, after posting pictures of some of my cars on the Beaterz.com
> website, I briefely got into a discussion about the interchangability of
> engines.  Namely, one person mentioned that my 1.7 was the same as the
> engine in his Plymouth Horizon.

In a general way it is similar.

> Well, someone else mentioned that he had
> heard a rumor of putting Chrysler 2.2L turbos (with up to 224hp) into
> VWs.  Has anyone heard of someone doing this?  Not that I plan on doing
> it, I'm just curious...

Not worth it, they are not VW/Audi derived 2.2 blocks anyway. Better to
install the Audi 2.0 from an 80 or an A3 VW 2.0 .

> BTW, if anyone wants to see my Scirocco, go to www.beaterz.com, click on
> "discussion", "rate the ride" and then "BeerBurner's beer burners".
>
> B.

Those Horizons shared VW technology in an attempt to jump start the
small car offerings from Plymouth. <yuck>

The only good thing I've heard as far as the 'tings as donors is the
front air dams on some of the special edition models.

TBerk