Re: just curious...

>--- Brian C Barrows <ferret100@juno.com> wrote:
>> Well, after posting pictures of some of my cars on
>> the Beaterz.com
>> website, I briefely got into a discussion about the
>> interchangability of
>> engines.  Namely, one person mentioned that my 1.7
>> was the same as the
>> engine in his Plymouth Horizon
>
>Yes, when Chrysler introduced the Omni/Horizon, that
>had no small motor "know how", so they bought 1.7
>shortblocks from VW, along with some other components.
>It is stamped VW/Audi too ;-)
>
>Don't know about the 2.2, but it's probably not a
>reliable motor . . .

Oddly enough, a guy I work with and I were discussing this... he said the
worst mistake Chrysler made with those Omni/Horizons was putting in their
own 2.2  because compared to the reliable old 1.7 the old 2.2 broke down
every chance it got.  I believe he said something about warranty claims
going sky-high after the intro of the 2.2.

Just goes to show that if it aint broke, dont fix it :)

marie