Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1549

Hello all,

I'm new to the list but I already recognize one person from the VR6
ist..( Hey Kevin Collins)  I just purchased an 1986 8v  Rocco.  I live in
Indiana but the car was brought up here about 6 months ago from California.
They guy went back but didn't want to drive the car home for a couple
different reasons.  For one it takes a long time and two the car doesn't
have a fifth gear.  The fifth gear isn't a major concern for me right now
since I just plan to drive it back and forth to work for now.  When you put
the shifter into 5th it is just like there is no gear there and never has
been.  No grinding at all,,,,just like it was in nuetral.  Any ideas?

My main concern right now is that after the car warms up it wants stalls
when I let it drop to an idle.  I have messed around with the (mixture
screw?) and the (air adjuster?) on the throttle body.  I hope the technical
terms don't throw anyone off.  The car has Jetronic.  I checked the cold
injector on the side of the intake to see if it was leaking and it did not
seem to be.  I've sprayed some carb cleaner on some things that could use
it.  I have looked for vacuum leaks with no success.   Anyone?   Anyone?
Bueller?  Bueller?

Within the first week I have already put new wires, plugs, front speakers
and a deck (had no radio or spkrs), and rolled the fenders under because
they were really rubbing because of the suspension setup that the previous
owner has on the car.  Can't wait to get some Recaros into the thing because
the seats are shot and I'm sitting on $10 walmart seat cushions because i
can't bear the sight of them or the feel of the metal in my ass.

Thanks all and glad to join the ranks,

Rob Slayden
97 GTI VR6
86 Scirocco 8v