Re: Too close for comfort [long]

Hey all,

I'm not trying to piss anyone off by bringing up old stuff, but there do
exist Honda guys that actually try to learn about their cars and how to go
faster.  Granted, there are a lot of kids (and older guys) who are just
following a trend to be cool, who don't really give a rats ass about
learning anything about how a car (not just a honda) works and how to make
it faster.

However, I have personally assisted two of my best friends with swapping
three japanese spec b16a engines into their cars.  One of them is a 94 civic
that he got wrecked for $1200 and I thought there was no hope for this car.
Get this, he goes to the junkyard and cuts the entire right rear 1/4 (not
quarter panel, the whole car) of the same year model car, takes it home,
cuts off the bent stuff, and welds together a car.  It is totally gutted,
with a b16a, intake, exhaust, roll bar, cams, and a few other small things.
The thing runs low 14s and he has spent under $3000 on it so far.  The thing
is a total beater...it has about 300 holes in the firewall where water and
cold air can come in as they please, and is painted with black primer and
looks like total crap.  How can you not give people like this credit?

I like doing my own thing and being different, so I wanna kick honda ass in
my rocco.  I'm all about the underdog cool.  I don't want respect for the
kind of car I'm driving, I want respect because of the reasons I like my car
and the time and effort I've put into it.

Point being, don't pass judgement on people until you fully understand them.
  I am always up for talking to someone else who is into their car and
working on it themselves for whatever reason.  There will always be that
group of people that think they are "tuners" that have never changing their
own oil.  There's nothing I hate more than hearing honda "tuners" talk down
upon other car makes like their shit don't stink (for lack of a better
phrase.)  This is an ignorant attitude and just goes to show that they
aren't interested in the cars they drive.  I say shoot first, ask questions
later...kick their ass at the stoplight and then find out if they're
hardcore :)

MHO
Joe

http://profiles.msn.com.