Re: [mk2] steering gear problem

On Tue, 03 Oct 2000 00:49:03 -0400 "Foxx (in a box)"
<foxxinabox@core.com> writes:
>  well, after searching for what i though might be the problem, i'm
>back
>at square one. basically it boils down to this: a few months ago
>before
>i parked my '86, i had to hit the brakes fairly hard to avoid hitting
>the stupid twitch in the bmw that cut me off (cell-phone, after work,
>you know the type). when i resumed my drive, my steering wheel was off
>center by about 15° or so. later on, due to another poor driver (stay
>away from central ohio!!!) i jammed the brakes on again which
>more-or-less straightened out my steering wheel. nothing's bent below
>and the rack bolts are nice and tight. any other ideas? thanx.

Sounds like your alignment changed from the severe stress of hard
braking. Have you had the alignment checked??

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!