[mk2] steering gear problem

  well, after searching for what i though might be the problem, i'm back
at square one. basically it boils down to this: a few months ago before
i parked my '86, i had to hit the brakes fairly hard to avoid hitting
the stupid twitch in the bmw that cut me off (cell-phone, after work,
you know the type). when i resumed my drive, my steering wheel was off
center by about 15° or so. later on, due to another poor driver (stay
away from central ohio!!!) i jammed the brakes on again which
more-or-less straightened out my steering wheel. nothing's bent below
and the rack bolts are nice and tight. any other ideas? thanx.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com