Re: Too close for comfort

On Mon, 02 Oct 2000 10:39:57 -0500 Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com>
writes:
>My girlfriend and I were sitting at McDonalds last night, after visiting
>her relatives, and all of a sudden all these guys come in with 'Powered
>by Honduh' hats and shirts with riced Intregras, the whole deal. Musta
>been a race around there somewhere (we were near Miluaukee).  We left,
>got into her truck (she insisted on taking her truck, wouldn'tyaknow),
>and there were a bunch of riced Integras and Civics in the parking lot,
>with the big yellow rims and yellow stickers on the windshields, the
>whole bit.  Never been that close to ricers before!!
>I wish I had my car!!!!!!
>=o)
>Nate
>'84 8v

Its funny. Posts like these crack me up. Don't you read what your saying?
Your willing to let your own ignorance stand in the way?

Heres my point. if you think that owning a VW is the only car anyone
should own, your sadly wrong. Its not an US and THEM deal either. For
once go and ask them about their car and you just might learn that they
feel exactly the same about their Honda/ Acura/ Mitsubishi/ Chevy/ Kia/
Ford WHATEVER they drive as you do about your VW. Automotive enthusiasm
extends well beyond what YOU and I drive. I think its fair to say that
the level of enthusiasm is the same the only differences are in the way
they express it.

You Don't like all those cars? Fine. Nobody says you have to. At least be
man enough to respect the accomplishments that THE OTHER cars have been
making in the last 6 years on and off the track.

You complained that they were wearing "Powered by Honduh' hats and shirts
with riced Intregras". Id like to know what shirt you were wearing? Were
you showing your automotive enthusiasm by sporting your Scirocco shirt??
I bet not. I doubt you even have one.

I have to laugh because this post is like, "Oh my god, they almost
touched me"! BWAAHAHA!!!!!

I also detect a certain level of prejudice from these types posts. Anyone
else? Instead of it being race hate its car brand hate. I have a hard
time understanding WHY that is exactly. I digress.......

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!