Top speed

I'm curious as to what 1.8 16V owners have experienced as a top speed.  My 88
Rocc has a K&N filter in a modified airbox, TT race downpipe, and TT exhaust.
 Yet I can only get about 110mph, 115 if I'm lucky.  It gets to about 5 grand
in fifth and not much more.  As a matter of fact the only gear I can redline
is 1st.  after that it struggles at about 5 and a half.  I figure I have a
fuel problem but can't quite figure it out.  What do you guys think.

Brian Anderson
Bear, DE.
88 Scirocco 16V