RE: Oil Leaks and Compression

Sal,
My advice is to clean the engine real good and start her up to see where the
oil is coming from.
The valve cover gasket you want is from a Corrado G-60.
Call up Potterman (714)663-2434 or http://www.parts4vws.com/.
You will also need new studs for the G-60 gasket, I believe the JH ones are
shouldered and the one's you want are not, I believe Mike includes them with
the gasket if you get it from him.
Oh yeah, you might want to get a new valve cover since you more than likely
have a warpage problem due to overtightening.
Again, I'd try Potterman.
After installing mine (Thanks Mike!)I have not had any major leaks even
running 10W30 Synthetic oil.
GL
Randy B
Mars 81S - techtonics tuning 1847cc 8V
Cosmos 81S - future project - dreaming of 200-220hp.
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver