looking for an Altanta mechanic mildy competent ... was(Re: Fifthgear or no fifth gear)

Seems like you have the same problem that i do.
I took the roc that Sean is buying to an unnamed mechanic for some simple
repairs. Admitted I wasnt paying in cash but in parts. specifically _all_
the running gear from an 88 16V rocco. the 16V motor plus trans.
In that trade I wanted the following.
1) rehang the exhaust... this was done.
2) tack weld the back deck support that tore ( non-frame element ) this
was done.
3) fix the idle on the rocco. (very low idle I don't know howto adjust
it.) not done.

tha man had it 3 months.. ALL summer. And when i got it back was I
hot. But because he is the only VW one that I have found besides the
man that autox's roccos at the VW dealer near 285/75 northside. I didnt
complain. plus I have no place to put the parts if i demanded them
back... I moved. not much room for parts in a dorm.

Hell If I knew more about the fuel injection and howto work on it I would
do it my self. For the rest of the car I can do most of my own
work. brakes, ignition, basic engine work. pulling and dropping major
parts. what ever... but i cannot do the fuel delivery system at all.

Hey I got an idea. since I dont do anything but drink on the weekends what
say we VW owners get together for tech training sessions / car fixin every
now and again.

BTW I will be VW less until i get rid of my cuurent daily driver. (1990
ford probe ... will be financing my next VW. hopefully a corrodo or a
sweet 16V)