Re: Snow, no brakes...Dam***, Snow sux...

Julie Macfarlane wrote:

> ...Turning the corner, the steering wheel spun to the
> far extreem, and the car slid towards the gutter. The brake pedal hit the
> floor. (That is a sick feeling...)
> Julie Macfarlane

The GTI I pulled my current motor from did some weird stuff, I think it
would slurp air in to the lines on hard turns. No matter how may times I
bled the system eventually it would get a bubble back in there.

Highway 101 Northbound, 60 MPH appox exiting to the right. (Of course
the shrubs obscure the twenty cars waiting inline, backed up on the offramp).

Foot to brake pedal and it goes down waaaay too far, 'Pump!', 'Pump!'
some pressure comes back.

Front Right & Rear Left lock up as I seek to avoid the impending bumper
fast approaching out the front window.

Rear brakes don't have enough time left so I careen to the right side,
onto the shoulder gravel and come to a stop two cars up from were I
would have, on a good day.

1st car at the end of the line is wide eyed as I pass him up, second car
from the end is a 944 and as traffic gets going, he sticks his head out
the sun roof to ask if I'm OK, because I'm out of the car & busy kicking
the tar out of the tire by now in my frustration (and fear) with a post
near collision situation.

"I take care of you!, huff, huff. Dammit!"

TBerk
Glad you're OK.  You guys out there in snow country be careful.