Re: Snow, no brakes...Dam***, Snow sux...

  I know the feeling! That happened to me when the master cylinder on my
77 Rabbit gave up the ghost, many years ago. Fortunately in the summer,
and I also reached for the hand brake.

  What kind of tires are you getting? I just bought a set of Nokian
Hakkapelitta 1s yesterday, to replace the aging GoodYear UltraGrips. On
the Jetta. The Scirocco still has the 4 year old winter Michelin Alpins
I bought just before deciding to use it only in the summer.

        Jean-Claude
        84 8v (hibernating)
        ICQ47403427