Re: 1.8T conversion

At 5:08 PM -0800 11/15/00, T Berk wrote:

>No, EVIL talk.   8]

Yesssss.  Come, Mr. Berk, JOIN US.

Do not be afraid.

EVERYONE's doing it........

It's dreaaaaaaammmmmmmmmyyyyyyy...

>Every MK1 doesn't need a 16v, what about 8 valve purity?,

Bah.  Every A1 needs a 16v. :-)

>  Now, If you
>had one of those new VR5s laying around & a shoehorn or two...
>
>I'm getting to like the 16v lump but I'm not sold at all yet as to it's
>universal application, I'll do just fine with a bubble block (balanced,
>and normal aspiration, thankyouverymuch.
>
>As for the 1.8t into the Mk1-
>
>Reasons to do it: NEW engine. Strong NEW engine.

Of course, the underlying corollary to the "Every x needs..." is that
it be done RIGHT.

Rebuild the motor!  Bore!  Deck!  Replace!  Tweak!

>Besides, we already look back after parking, wouldn't a gold medal
>winning musculature under the skin be nice?

It is.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |