Re: Turning signal flashers

Captnbr@aol.com wrote:

> I have always thought the rocco would look bad ass with those euro side
> marker flasher things, ya know the ones that go right in front of the doors
> on the fender that the new Vdubs come with. But I would want smaller ones
> like the BMW's have. I've always wanted to do this.  Has anyone done this? Id
> like to see a picture if you have.  And If anyone knows of a link to
> installing these especially the wiring aspect could you send it my way?

   I just want to add that I wired the same Hella side markers as Greg
has on his site http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3414/sidemarker.htm
(which I might add is an excellent write up) to make them blink with the
signals during the day, and then blink alternate to the signals at
night.  This also makes them stay on continuously at night.

They say "not for continuous use" but I haven't had a problem in the few
years I have been using them that way.  I believe its cuz the nature
that its wired makes it so the current isn't as high as it would be if
you gave it straight 12v across its terminals.  I wired the side markers
to the park & blink instead of the blink & ground.

I also want to note that the bulbs I use were the bulbs that came with
the side markers, and I believe them to be 3 watt bulbs.  I wouldn't
wire the sidemarkers using this method had the bulbs been a higher
wattage.

 Andre'
 Lime Green 79