Re: Scirocco 16v Trans in MK1?

--- David Guido <guido_david@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know, or has anyone successfully installed a Scirocco 16v
> tranny in a Scirocco MK1? Given the tranny will still be on a 1.8 16v
>engine, are there any mods neccesary for it to bolt up to a MK1 chassis?

 Yes, a 16v tranny (AGB or 2Y) will fit in a mk1 with no problems...the
actual tranny housing is the same... the *problem* is that the 16v tranny
has 100mm flanges, while the mk1's have 90mm CV joints... so you would
have to either put 90mm flanges on the 16v tranny or somehow convert your
mk1 to 100mm cv joints and axles (more $$ and time consuming than it might
be worth!).
 I actually didn't care for the 16v tranny in my mk1...IMHO

HTH!

=====