From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Daniel Snow
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 10:20 AM
To: 'Jorel'; 'adam l'
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: tranny 2: shifting probs

It sounds like it's just WAY out of adjustment, the way to set it is to set
the amount of clearence from underneath the car. By the rear motor mount is
the linkage adjustment (little white plastic sockets). Try your
adjustment(s) from there, starting with reverse as your guide, then first
gear.

I'll see if my dad remembers the exact clearance & reply again later with
that info.

~Dan
'87 16v 'Rocco
'00 Jetta