Re: Turbo? (details)

>The stock ones. Are there 4 on a rail?  I haven't had a Rocco in 2 years.
>I'm looking for one and following the list, but I don't have the nitty
>gritty yet.  I was going to calc the max HP on stock injectors, and also
>with different sized additional injectors (single and multiple).
>
>Also, are the peak and hold (low impedance) or saturated (high impedance)
>type?
>
>In case you guys like to plug numbers and stuff, there is some cool
>info and fuel calc at http://www.rceng.com
>I've also made a (very) simple form interface for injector calcs and fuel
>pump requirements.  http://supra.triton.cx/fuel
>

>-------------------------------------
>Neal Mulcahy, System Administrator

I think you're missing out on a very important detail, older VW's use a CIS,
or Continuous Injection System...as in the fuel injectors are purely
mechanical and are injecting fuel all the time.  The rate is controlled
by a purely mechanical device (or electro-mechanical device in the case
of CIS-E) called a fuel distributor.  Essentially, this is the main
'brains' of the system.  As detailed by the Bosch book on fuel injection,
the CIS / CIS-E system is good enough as a system to support about 170ish
horsepower.  If you plan on making much more power, plan on switching to a
more sophisticated system.  All the CIS injectors work the same way, and as
for flow characteristics...I haven't seen much comparison in this area.
Maybe the Bosch book has something...

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net