Re: Rocco in Singapore

>Hi list, here is the deal.  I am trying to ascertain exactly what I have under
>the hood  - who knows what was put in there in the 18 years prior to me owning
>the car.  The car is registered as a 1.6 8v Gti but I want to make sure.  The
>engine code is EG 1388.  I have tried to find out the specs in the
>various lists
>at scirocco.org etc.  but without any luck.  Are these lists in respect to US
>imports only? If anyone can let me know exactly what I am running under the
>hood, I would be grateful.
>
>I am also seriously considering the Autotech 5th gear conversion. My
>tranny code
>is FM and scirocco .org puts that as a close ratio gearbox .75 5th.  Is the
>Autotech conversion kit suitable for the tranny i have and if not I assume the
only other option would be to change the whole tranny in which case
what should i be looking for?

Actually, it's a .91 fifth if you read the chart properly. ;)  That's a pretty
good box actually, you could probably use a few less revs on the highway
though, eh?  The .80 conversion would probably be right what you need.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net