Re: Timing belts

Yeah, I finally got to it today (big 5 min. project).  This IS an 8v, but I
think someone helped me do it about 6 years ago (like I said originally,
over 100k ago!) so I can't recall which of us tightened it.  The thing is,
regardless of the tension (great or light), you can just about turn it 90
degrees and maybe a little more.  It doesn't really turn all the way over as
far as I tried, and even with a ton of tension I could still turn it 90
degrees.  So I loosened it, then tightened it back and watched the tension
between the cam & crank pulleys until it was just snug.  Fired it up and it
was running sweet.

One thing I've learned: after 100k or more, I'll be replacing lower cam belt
covers from now on.  Don't like the warpage thing.

On the flywheel, I am not sure.  I will ask the guy and then post back for
anyone interested.

-PK