Re: an intersting statement in the ClubH2O newsletter

In a message dated 11/6/00 1:13:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
freshapple@mac.com writes:

My friend has a 944 turbo and his 0-60 times are about 5 sec. flat.  He
has some mod too, but the point being the 944 non-turbo is slower than a
16v rocco, but a turbo 944 will blow the doors off a 16V rocco. It was
said that the Scirocco out accelerated, outhandled, and outbraked the

944. I doubt this is true for the turbo models though, and the porsche was
still probably much better at high speeds.

I wouldn't doubt any of this. I bet the turbo would stomp the Scirocco in a
straight line. I still think the Scirocco would still be better at low speed
maneuvers.....but that's neither here nor there.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)