Re: Hot Oil / advice?

Nathan,
        I wouldn't worry too much about it at all... after all, most of our cars run in the 110 to 115 range.  The fact that the temperature has increased significantly could be cause for concern, but being that the temperatures are in the normal range, it's nothing I would worry about short-term, other than satisfying your curiosity about why the temps jumped.

        You didn't install any high-drain electrical appliances, like a new amp, did you?  The lower the voltage of the car's elec system, the higher the temp will display...  So check the temp again with all accessories (including the fan blower) switched off and see what it reads...

Jason