From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Scirvwleo
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2000 7:10 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: CAM GEAR/CAM BELT SLIPPED-HELP!

Hi list,
CAR:1987 Scir 16v 1.8 with Autotech cams

Eve of "Rocs in the fog", I installed my adjustable
Cam Gear from RPI. placed the timing on TDC and marked
the belt Installed the RPI GEAR gear, started the
engine and damn belt slipped.

HELP! HOW CAN I FIX THIS?? engine idles but really
low. I haved lined up the both upper (cam gear) and
lower (vibration damper)still idles really low. I've
also played with the distributor timing and no luck.
used my timing light and TDC mark of cam gear(upper)
is about half inch pass the mark and vibration
damper(lower) is half inch before the arrow. any
input??? how can I line-up the two marks?? should I
start advancing the Cam Gears??? Damn,Missed Roc in
the Fog!!

=====

LEO -  87 Scirocco 16V/SFBA-VW/SCIROCCO.ORG