Re: Who's rebuilt an 020 tranny?

I have done that exact fix.  You will need the tool for installing the CV
flanges back on the trans, and you will need someone with a press to press
off a couple gears on the mainshaft to get to the 3rd gear synchro.  I think
you can do the 2nd, 4th and 1st without any problems, but you have to press
off a gear to get to the 3rd gear (if I remember correctly).  The place I
took the shaft to have the gear removed had to use heat and actually melted
a plastic caged needle bearing set and I ended up having to wait for 3 days
for the part to come in.  Just make sure you either have one or tell the guy
pressing off the gear not to melt the stupid thing.  HTH!!

Dave