Re: Headlights and euro bumpers and stuff

> 1. When I turn the car off and leave the headlights switched on, I don't get
> any kind of buzzer or anything. Hence, I've come back to a dead battery a
> few times.  Is it supposed to buzz at me or what?

  afaik, no. at least i haven't got a buzzer on my '85 or '86. an
aftermarket one could be made to work, though, i'm sure.

> 2. When I leave my headlights on, turn the car off and get out... only the
> parking lights are on.  So again... I've come out to a dead battery a few
> times. Is this an "unexpected design feature"?

  same on my two sciroccos. in fact, i believe it's something like this
on every car (except some have buzzers and other also have the
headlights on as well. probably a safety feature if you park your car on
the side of the road and don't want to leave the flashers on or the keys
in car. i would surmise this sort of function is like the 'city light'
function on euro-spec sciroccos.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com