Headlights and euro bumpers and stuff

Hey folks...

Ever since I bought my scirocco I've wondered a few things...

1. When I turn the car off and leave the headlights switched on, I don't get
any kind of buzzer or anything. Hence, I've come back to a dead battery a
few times.  Is it supposed to buzz at me or what?

2. When I leave my headlights on, turn the car off and get out... only the
parking lights are on.  So again... I've come out to a dead battery a few
times. Is this an "unexpected design feature"?

3. A year or 2 ago I remember someone had some pretty in-depth instructions
on how to convert to euro bumpers.   As I remember, the front is pretty easy
but the rear is real bitch.  Any one still have some good instructions on
doing the conversion?  I'm thing of getting a set and making the conversion.

Thanks folks!

Derek Tarvin